Berners Hall Fishery Rules
**New Rule in effect – One zig per angler**
We love our fish and we want them in the best possible condition for when you catch them. So please help us by looking after them at all times and abiding by all of the following rules:
1. All fishing is strictly by pre-booking only.
2. The entrance gate is to be kept locked at all times.
3. All anglers are to carry their booking confirmation with them whilst on site and must present this when requested by any member of staff.
4. Maximum 3 rods only.
5. Strictly barbless hooks only (no micro barbed or crimped barbs)
6. No Leaders or leadcore of any type. Rig tube only.
7. Fish are only to be kept in landing nets or retention slings whilst all fish care equipment, weigh slings and cameras are made ready. Please only retain fish for the minimum amount of time, due to the shallow margins of the lake.
8. To avoid the danger of disease no one is allowed to enter the site with any wet unhooking mats, nets, slings or any other equipment. Please ensure all your equipment is bone dry before fishing.
9. No carp sacks to be allowed on site at any time.
10. No fish to be introduced or removed. We will prosecute anyone found breaking this rule.
11. Only large well-padded unhooking mats and weigh slings to be used at all times. Please ensure that these are wetted before use and plenty of water is available when photographing your captures.
12. Minimum 15lb mainline. No braided mainline except on spod or marker rods.
13. Anglers are not permitted to leave their rods by more than one swim distance away.
14. Fishing is only permitted from the designated swims. Bait boats are allowed but please refer to the lake map to see which fishing area belongs to which swim.
15. Anglers must be in possession of the required number of Environmental Agency rod licences.
16. No dogs, fires, firearms or weapons.
17. No under 16’s unless accompanied by a fishing adult.
18. All litter to be taken home. Anglers will be responsible for all litter in and around their swim.
19. Parking in designated areas only. Under no circumstance are vehicles allowed on the lake banks.
20. All visitors enter the site at their own risk. Berners Hall Fishery & Total Fisheries Management accept no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage to fishing tackle, cars, persons or any other property how so ever caused.
21. No damage to wildlife or property, no trespassing on surrounding land.
22. All fishermen must strictly comply with all fishery rules. If in any doubt ask before fishing. Anyone in breach of these rules will be banned. Random checks will be made by staff & bailiffs whose word is final in all matters.
23. One Zig per angler
PLEASE NOTE: Locked gates in operation by the farm. Strictly Day tickets 07:00 – 19:00
Night fisherman must arrive before 20:00 (March – Oct)